ASAP Rocky appears to move out of home that was raided by police after his arrest for assault with a deadline weapon in connection with shooting
ASAP Rocky appears to be moving out of the home that was raided by law enforcement last month.
A U-Haul truck was pictured parked at the Los Angeles house on Tuesday, where movers carried belongings out of the home.
The move comes less than a month after officers arrived to the home to serve a search warrant and used a battering ram to break through his front gate, and on the same day the rapper, 33, was arrested at LAX for assault with a deadline weapon in connection with a November 2021 shooting.
ASAP Rocky appears to be moving out of the home that was raided by law enforcement last month
Rocky, real name Rakim Mayers, was arrested on April 20 for assault with a deadly weapon and was accused of approaching a man he knew on the street before firing several shots at him in November 2021.
One of the bullets is believed to have grazed the victim’s left hand and he later sought medical treatment.
After the shooting, Mayers and two other men, who reportedly were walking with him, fled the scene.
Police reportedly have footage of the shooting but were not able to find the gun used in the alleged incident during last month’s raid of his home.
A U-Haul truck was pictured parked at the Los Angeles house on Tuesday, where movers carried belongings out of the home
The move comes less than a month after officers arrived to the home to serve a search warrant and used a battering room to break through his front gate, which occurred on the same day of his arrest
LAPD sources say the force have video – thought to be from a surveillance camera – of the alleged attack involving the rapper last November, TMZ reported last month.
The raid was conducted after ASAP’s arrest, according to Us Weekly.
While police were able to acquire footage of the alleged shooting, they were not able to find the weapon in question during last month’s raid of his Los Angeles home which turned up multiple guns, sources said.
Police were able to determine on the spot the guns at Mayer’s home were not the ones used in the shooting because the caliber of the guns did not match the shell casings found at the crime scene, according to the website.
On the night of the November 6 shooting, the rapper reportedly approached a man he knew on the street before allegedly firing several shots at him; pictured September 2019
After running the serial numbers police reportedly determined all of the guns in Mayer’s home were legally acquired, and did not take any of the guns to the station.
Despite LAPD obtaining footage of the shooting, the DA has not yet decided whether to charge Mayers, sources said.
News of the potentially damning footage came a week after Mayers was arrested moments after landing at Los Angeles International Airport with pregnant singer Rihanna, 34, after enjoying a getaway to Barbados.
The soon-to-be father posted $550,000 bail and was spotted leaving jail.
The LAPD issued a statement saying officers ‘worked diligently’ to identify the suspect(s) involved’ and investigate the shooting.
If convicted, Mayers could face up to one year jail time, a $1,000 fine and misdemeanor probation, per California Penal Code. If he received a felony assault with a deadly weapon conviction, Mayers could spend up to four years in state prison, be fined up to $10,000 and have mandatory probation.
Meanwhile: The rapper and girlfriend Rihanna are currently expecting their first child together