Posting a note to Instagram on Monday (1 February), Chambers expressed support for “any victim of assault or abuse” and said she would “not be commenting further on this matter”.
“For weeks, I’ve been trying to process everything that has transpired. I am shocked, heartbroken, and devastated. Heartbreak aside, I am listening, and will continue to listen and educate myself on these delicate matters. I didn’t realize how much I didn’t know.
“I support any victim of assault or abuse and urge anyone who has experienced this pain to seek the help she or he needs to heal.
“At this time, I will not be commenting further on this matter.
“My sole focus and attention will continue to be on our children, on my work, and on healing during this incredibly difficult time.
“Thank you for all of the love and support, and thank you in advance for your continued kindness, respect, and consideration for our children and me as we find ways to move forward.”
The Call Me by Your Name actor, who separated from Chambers in July 2020, has been embroiled in a social-media scandal in recent weeks, in which an anonymous Twitter account leaked graphic messages that Hammer allegedly sent to different women.
Hammer and his team continue to deny the allegations.
Earlier in January, Hammer spoke to the police about a controversial “stolen” video from his private Instagram account.
The video showed Hammer with an unidentified woman positioned on all-fours on a bed.
In the clip, which the actor said was “stolen” from his account, Hammer could be heard saying that he had to travel to the Cayman Islands.
“Which sucks”, he said, before adding: “Except there are a few silver linings. Like f***ing Miss Cayman again while I’m down there.”
In the weeks following the allegations, Hammer has exited two high-profile projects, including Paramount+ series The Offer and the film Shotgun Wedding starring Jennifer Lopez.
At the time of his departure from Shotgun Wedding, Hammer said in a statement: “I’m not responding to these bulls**t claims, but in light of the vicious and spurious online attacks against me, I cannot in good conscience now leave my children for four months to shoot a film in the Dominican Republic. Lionsgate is supporting me in this and I’m grateful to them for that.”