Saturday, December 3, 2022
HomeNewsHarry and Meghan dealt major 'blow' after Royal Family 'snub' shows Sussexes...

Harry and Meghan dealt major 'blow' after Royal Family 'snub' shows Sussexes 'out in cold'


Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been dealt a major blow after a Royal Family “snub” demonstrated the couple have been “left in the cold”, according to a royal expert. The royal couple were earlier this week invited to this evening’s “state reception of the century” at Buckingham Palace.

Reports later suggested, however, that the invite was sent in error.

Palace aides said that only working members of the Royal Family were able to attend the event.

When Harry and Meghan stepped back from senior royal duties in 2020, it was said they still hoped to keep their foot in the royal door, performing certain duties while cutting down on others.

In a statement, they said: “We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty the Queen.”

Commenting on the recent “un-invitation”, Telegraph Associate Editor Camilla Tominey said this “shows that they may have a discretionary ‘in’ when it comes to family occasions but where major events involving world leaders are concerned, they are well and truly ‘out’…

“Failing to feature among the 1,000-strong guest list for one of the biggest palace pow wows in living memory – even though it is being hosted by Harry’s father and stepmother – does rather drive home the reality that they remain very much on the outside looking in.

“Indeed, even the last minute nature of the ‘un-invitation’ suggests communications between the palace and their former principals aren’t what they used to be.”

Foreign policy analyst and former aide to Margaret Thatcher also said this sent a clear message to the Sussexes.

READ MORE: Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson view Queen tributes in Windsor

“They have turned up, they have smiled, shaken hands, whatever was asked.”

Prince Andrew, as a non-working royal, will also not be attending the Palace event.

Like his uncle, Prince Harry has also been wearing civilian dress for most of the official events marking the life of the Queen.

He was stripped of his military titles after giving up life as a working royal and moving to the US.

The Duke has, however, been granted special permission by the King to wear military uniform when attending a vigil at his grandmother’s coffin.

A sate funeral for Her Majesty will be held tomorrow, on September 19, which will also be a bank holiday.



RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments