Saturday, December 3, 2022
HomeTv & ShowJamie Laing reveals his whole building is filled with deadly carbon monoxide

Jamie Laing reveals his whole building is filled with deadly carbon monoxide


Jamie Laing took to Instagram on Saturday morning to reveal that his whole home building was filled with carbon monoxide.

The Made In Chelsea star, 33, was woken up at 6am by the non-stop beeping of his carbon monoxide alarm, before finding out the entire building was filled with the deadly gas.

Explaining he was ‘absolutely exhausted’ from the unusual wake-up call, the star assured fans that everyone in the building was fine and the building is now all clear.

Scary: Jamie Laing reveals his whole building is filled with deadly carbon monoxide as he's woken up at 6am by non-stop alarm

Scary: Jamie Laing reveals his whole building is filled with deadly carbon monoxide as he’s woken up at 6am by non-stop alarm

Posting to his 980K followers at 6am, Jamie admitted he was unsure what to do after half an hour of constant beeping from the alarm. 

He explained: ‘Guys it’s 6am and my carbon monoxide alarm is beeping, so I googled it and they told me to call the Gas Emergency, never had to phone them before, and I was also told to open a window.’

The beeping could be heard in the background as the reality star explained the situation, stopping for a moment to point out the noise as he asked ‘You hear that? It’s carbon monoxide’

Eveyrone safe: Explaining he was 'absolutely exhausted' from the unusual wake-up call, the star assured fans that everyone in the building was fine and the building is now all clear

Eveyrone safe: Explaining he was ‘absolutely exhausted’ from the unusual wake-up call, the star assured fans that everyone in the building was fine and the building is now all clear

Next steps: Posting to his 980K followers at 6am, Jamie admitted he was unsure what to do after half an hour of constant beeping from the alarm

Helping hand: He turned to his fans for advice, as he worried whether to stay inside his home or evacuate

Next steps: Posting to his 980K followers at 6am, Jamie admitted he was unsure what to do after half an hour of constant beeping from the alarm

Jamie then turned to his fans for advice, as he worried whether to stay inside his home or evacuate.

He continued: ‘So, if anyone has had a carbon monoxide alarm buzzing or ringing, let me know what to do. Do i sit inside? Do i not sit inside? How dangerous is it? Any tricks to sleep as well because i’m absolutly exhausted, it’s been going on for half an hour.’

Returning to his Stories two hours later, the podcast host shared an update on the scary situation after a professional had come to help.

Serious talk: Jamie then urged his followers to check their own carbon monoxide alarms as he pondered how dangerous the gas could have been without the alarm

Serious talk: Jamie then urged his followers to check their own carbon monoxide alarms as he pondered how dangerous the gas could have been without the alarm

Explaining that the whole building was filled, Jamie shared: ‘Little update, the Gas emergency guy has just come over, Steve, nice guy. 

Carbon Monoxide risks

  • Carbon monoxide is extremely harmful when breathed, displacing the oxygen and depriving organs of necessary air
  • Large amounts can cause damage to the body within hours or even minutes, potentially causing death
  • Symptoms such as headache, dizziness, nausea, rapid heartbeat, seizures, chest pain, and loss of consciousness can occur

 

‘He told me the whole building is full of carbon monoxide, silent killer. Can’t taste it, feel it, sense it, nothing at all.

‘The whole building is full of carbon monoxide, full of it. Everyone’s fine, everyone’s all good, it’s clear now,’ he assured.

Jamie then urged his followers to check their own carbon monoxide alarms as he pondered how dangerous the gas could have been without the alarm.

He adjured: ‘But my point is, if it wasn’t for that beeping alarm, it could have been a different story, who knows.

‘So if you haven’t checked your carbon monoxide alarm, if you haven’t checked it, tested it, if you haven’t got one -check it. 

‘Test it this weekened because it’s a silent killer, so there you go – check it, everyone is ok and yeah,’ he finished.

Jamie’s fiancée Sophie Habboo appeared to be absent for the ordeal, as he turned to followers for help.

The pair, who are set to tie the knot in Mat next year, live together in a lavish two-bed Chelsea pad.

Carbon monoxide is extremely harmful when breathed, displacing the oxygen and depriving organs of necessary air.

Large amounts can cause damage to the body within hours or even minutes, potentially causing loss of consciousness, suffocation and death.

Other half: Jamie's fiancee Sophie Habboo, who lives with him in their 2-bed Chelsea pad, appeared to be absent for the ordeal, as he turned to followers for help

Other half: Jamie’s fiancee Sophie Habboo, who lives with him in their 2-bed Chelsea pad, appeared to be absent for the ordeal, as he turned to followers for help

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments