She told Allergic Living in December 2019 that she had a serious anaphylactic reaction to a poinsettia plant.
The mum knew she had an allergy to latex but didn’t know poinsettias were a member of the same plant family as the natural rubber tree.
Michelle said her reaction began with itching before progressing further into symptoms consistent with anaphylaxis.
She described the experience as “really scary”, claiming she would have been “a goner” if she had been 10 minutes further away from the hospital.
Poinsettia does also occur in dogs if ingested, however, the dog would have to eat all the plant to be in any danger.